Sunday, March 25, 2007

We are Busy Bees!


Lots of things coming up for us and isn't it great that we have a whole week off to get it together? I hope I don't get lazy and REALLY take the week off. Congratulations to you Sheila! And I hope you start feeling better. So, we're finding out that our basals might be a little too difficult for our students. I wonder how they were evlauated in the first place to rate them at the grade level they are. How valid is the Raygor Estimate? Does this affect the SAT 10 scores? If our text books are not true to the grade levels that are using them, that could lead to all kinds of problems. Something to think about. Changing the subject, there are so many literacy programs and almost all of them are developed for all ages. I wish more families would take advantage of what is being offered.

2 comments:

Ms. Sakisat said...

You are so right crystal! I can't wait for our 1 week off. We should all relax but not slack off. My busy head is getting ready to relax.

Ferris said...

Hi Crystal
I agree with your intake on the life experience. You should have got some kind of credit for the the time you put into the education system. I worked for some 8 years in a high school library. Yet, I did not know how or if I could apply it in anyway to my degree. Check out the e-mail on my blogger. Hope my information might help someone else you know in the future.
Mary