
Hi everyone! I tried one questioning strategy today with my students. It was lots of fun, my students were really engaged. Even my most disruptive student was engaged. We not only read but reflected on what we read. My students had a lot to say. I really love these questioning activities because my students reinforced their learning through their questions, comments, and through their classmates reflections as well. Another collaborative activity for them to enjoy.
2 comments:
You know, I'm now pondering about whether direct instruction should be replaced with a program that utilizes the strategies Dr. Rivera has shared with us. I really do think that they would be much more effective in helping especially struggling readers. Direct instruction has no strategy. It's just, well, boring.
Yes, the strategies are wonderful. I think that students like it when they know how to develop their own reading skills, and as teachers we show them how to do so. I've seen it with some of my kids when I taught them prereading strategies a while back. So, students really do like to have some control over their learning and become "turned on" when they are given interactive strategies.
Post a Comment