Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Creating Fun Reading Activities


The activities we did in class was engaging and interesting. The cloze test activity seemed to be easy, but it allows you to think carefully before you answer. Trying to fit the best word in can be challenging, even for the proficient speakers of English. I find it challenging and fun for me. The reading of a poem with four people was another activity that allows several students to be involve in the reading. We had fun making mistakes and doing it over again. It gives us ideas of how we can allow students to do an activity together. Very interactive and fun. The letter puzzle with domesticated animals and word recognition activities are very interesting because it might help ESL students create and recognize words. It allows them to reflect on their thoughts about words that they might know or might not know. Keeps them guessing. I really enjoyed doing these activities. We can use these activities in our classes.

1 comment:

Ferris said...

Hi Albert,
Your book presentation on Caught By The Sea sure brought out the fisherman in you. You may not have been through entirely what Mr. Paulsen did (I sincerely hope you did not!) But the way you spoke... about your love of the sea... I guess thats what Rosenblatt called the "lived through experience". It was inspirational.
Mary