
It was great hearing about all your reading paths. We all have experienced some sort of influence, be it strong or subtle. In connection to our 'Picture Reflection' activity, my perspective is that we all really do have many people who have touched our lives in one way or another that we just can't recollect. Somehow, that lady who we just can't recall her name taught us at least one thing, which has formed who we are individually. I'm sure Albert, you will always be able to save, upload, and manipulate a picture because one little thing I have done has impacted your knowledge on technology and you may not remember my name ten years from now! (Smile big...that was a little bragging.) But somehow, pieces of our individual puzzles are from others that we can recall and thank, and then there are those people that we just can't remember. As educators, we place a piece of our puzzle together to create the children, our future leaders. Thank you for allowing me to share my story of Amelia Bedilia's impact on me. (Here's the kicker, my mother-in-law's name is Amelia!) Have a GREAT WEEK and Happy Valentine's to you ALL!

2 comments:
Wow, we were so busy in class tonight, that I totaly forgot about Valentines's Day. Thank you and a happy one to you too! Yes, those Picture Reflections really bring out the philosopher in all of us. And I also believe that most everyone we've come in contact with in our lives left some little part of themselves behind in us. Isn't that part of the way we develop our personalities; by reacting to others?
Indeed many people have touched our lives. In learning how to write in my case, however, though it might seem strange to some, such people weren't my grade school teachers who have inspired me to write (aside from my mother, of course). Instead the other people were the writers of the magazines I used to read as a kid. To me, they were the best teachers. All things considered, though, I guess it goes back to the notion that learning happens best when it involves something you like.
Post a Comment