Monday, February 26, 2007

Multicultural Books

Books, Books, Books, Wow! I loved all the books that were presented today. The presentations were very informative and fun. Richard, I loved "Her Wild American Self" and will patienly wait until March. Charlene, the Island of the Blue Dolphins will be next on my list of reading. Crystal, I agree with your purpose part of the evaluation--there is no way the events could have taken place in the US. The six components of Literacy is important and I was glad that we had a chance to go through them today. Comprehending, sentence order, oral communication, interpreting, the power of prints are all components of Literacy. It is important that we teachers provide the opportunities for our students to fine tune and integrate these components. The joyful Noise was a fun activity. It brought the different strategies we can use with our students. Students will be definately engaged, interact, think, and cooperate with each other. It is an activity where everyone will be involved. What a fun way to introduce poem/poetry to the students!

No comments: