
Nothing like sharing a good book with a friend. Thanks for all the great info about your books. I think we all made excellent choices. I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoy reading those young adult books. Does that mean I'm still a young adult? At heart maybe. Seriously, students can gain a lot of knowlege from historical fiction while being entertained at the same time. I think they will remember facts easier when they enjoy what they are reading.
Activity 7 reinforced my belief of how important literacy is to all of us, but most importantly, children. Children who read well do better in other subjects and in all aspects of schooling and beyond. As the world becomes more complex, reading is increasingly important for children trying to find their place in it.
Research shows that writing develops higher order thinking skills and helps students learn content across subject areas. And the more students write and receive positive feedback, the more their writing performance improves.
Speaking and listening go hand-in-hand. Only by combining the two is it possible to gain understanding and promote open communication.
Using visual aids enhance learning for children as well as adults. All these components go together to build their literacy.
Have a Great Week!
No comments:
Post a Comment