Monday, February 26, 2007

Multicultural Books Analysis

I was very pleased to hear of everyone's analysis on their tradebooks. The content of the books that were shared that I have not read are very compelling. I like that because of the way everyone presented their analysis, I have become inspired to learn more about history by reading more tradebooks/novels about that take into account historical events.

Many of the books that were analyzed were about World War 2. I'm not very much a history buff, much less a fanatic about World War 2. Though I'm liking it more and more each day. However, after reading fictionalized accounts of the events and the dramatic experiences of the characters, I'm compelled to read more like them. The history books don't really tell about how what was really going on, like how exactly the people felt and lived. Wow, all of a sudden history has become interesting to me ... in a sense. Yes, I'm referring to books with a storyline that also teach about history. I like books like these. And I guess I make up one example of a person enjoying reading a book about something not of prime interest by reading about it in an interesting book. Oh what an oxymoron!

1 comment:

Ferris said...

Hi Richard,
I too am not a history buff. But after reading and listerning to all the other books I am beginning to like them. You are right that though the characters are fictional the events are real. What a neat way to be introduced to history!