Monday, February 12, 2007

The More we do it, the wiser we get.....

Hello ED641 Members, 2/12/07
Today's class was very enlightening. I was able to load up activity 1 on live text and everything went smoothly, thanks to Dr. Rivera's well explained instructions. I also would like to thank Sheila for showing me how to get other clip arts with google. To be honest, I am beginning to know where to access more resources such as clip arts and learning more about Louise Rosenblatt's Transactional Theorys. It is very important to learn more about the world of literature. After reading Ms. Rosenblatt's Transactional Theory, I was able to reflect one of her theories with activity 1. Her theory on aesthetic stance helped me to understand what I felt after reading a book called "A Lonely Heart." I seemed to connect with many different emotions reading about the life of a blind man. I was able to understand the many difficulties of being blind, the feelings that I seemed to feel--as if I was trying to be the blind man. I felt captivated with this man's experiences throughout his life.
In addition to today's experience in class, everyone was able to share their life story of how they started reading and writing. Practically, everyone had a different experience. Thank you everyone for sharing your life to us. You know, this is one of those experiences that we have not experienced for a long time (especially for me). Sitting down and listening to everyone talking about a portion of their life was very rewarding to me. It has been a long time that I gathered around to sit and talk to each other and tell about each of our life experiences. It was great! Thank you! It was very personal and I felt warm listening to everyone. I hope everyone felt the same. I can see the value of activity 1 in this course.
Furthermore, we must not forget to click on the comment section of each blog. Now I know that we could respond to each blog as we go along. Very interesting and very interactive activities. Today was very enlightening as I said before. I am beginning to understand this course clearly. See you all on the next meeting.
Esta la bista, Si Albert

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I understand where you are coming from with your book "A Lonely Heart". I am also reading a book right now that I just picked up in the Reading Lab waiting for my student to pass the time. It's a book for young adults called "A Sloitary Blue" and I could feel the boy's pain from the first paragraph. I've even cried in some parts. Yes, I definitly think I connected in a very aesthetic way.

Albert Caasi said...

Thank you for your comment Crystal. Yes, We seem to feel connnected with these books, especially when the stories are very humanistically portrayed.
Have fun reading, Crys.