
I think Rosenblatt was a bit of a philosopher. Her theory requires us to "see the reading act as an event involving a particular individual and a particular text, happening at a particular time, under particular circumstances, in a particular social and cultural setting, and as part of the ongoing life of the individual and the group" (Rosenblatt, 1985). That makes me feel like if I want to read something and be able to make meaning of it, I'd have to confer with the universe and make sure all of the stars and planets are aligned for me. However after our class discussion, I understand that she just wants us to "feel" what the author is trying to convey to us and really enjoy the text.
Here I am again sharing my livetext. I remember when we first started with livetext, I didn't have a clue. But with Dr. Rivera's guidance and patience I got to the point I am now, which is more confident and not too shy to show my work. Thank you Dr. Rivera.
It was interesting to hear how we all got our start in reading. We are all such different people from different cultures and backgrounds and yet here we are, all together, seeking the same degree with a lot of the same beliefs and goals. Small world.
The activity we did, again tells me how very different we are as individuals, but how the undertone of our interpretations was very similar.
1 comment:
Hi Crystal
I totally agree with you regarding theories that they are done naturally or automatically ONLY now there is a name attached to it. I guess scholars put a lot of time into researching so as to look for a deeper understanding of why certain things are done the way they are. Boy! why can't it be simple.
Post a Comment