Wednesday, April 18, 2007
PTA
Hi everyone! I am so sorry I wasn't able to make it to class. If Dr. Rivera didn't inform you, I had a PTA meeting. It was suppose to end at five but right at the last minute one of my students parents showed up. We had an hour and half meeting. It was a longest meeting I ever had for a student, but it was good. We were able to resolve issues about my student. His parents are very concerned about him which I am very happy about. They had concerns and I had concerns that we discussed. The best part was that my student was with them. So he was able to clear up some misconceptions that his parents were having. We developed a strategy plan that would hopefully help my student pass the class. A communication log was also implemented. A communication log is how his parents are able to know what he has to do or what he is going to do at home. His parents write letters to me and I write letters to them in the communication log. I hope it will help with attendance also. It was a long PTA meeting but the results were good. It seems that you learned alot during the class, I wish I could have made it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Charlene,
Sounds like your meeting went well. We did indeed have quite a lot of information in class. Will fill you up when we meet on Saturday at the Outrigger.
Hi Charlene,
Imagine the endless strategies that we can use in our classroooms with our students. There are many more to think about and as we get used to think about them, we can come up with other strategies ourselves. I concur with you.
Albert
Charlene,
Don't worry, if you'd like to know about the information - more strategies - that was shared in class, just ask me. I'll be glad to help you out. So, in your next PTC, you can propose some of the strategies to the parents of your students.
Post a Comment