Sunday, April 15, 2007

I really enjoyed hearing about the strategies you used and how it worked out for you and the students you worked with for the activity that required you to promote independent vocabulary acquisition with your students and the one which required you to use a prereading strategy. I certainly enjoyed the experience I had with my kids. I guess I'm blessed to have the kids readily available because I'm a middle school teacher, but I'm sure that you all can find a way to improvise. And that's part of being an educator; and that is to improvise on a lot of things.

I like the study guide ideas covered in class today, especially those dealing with the use of technology. I have some ideas on what I plan to do, but the problem is that with our school system and the situation of a lot of my students are currently experiencing in terms of their family background, they do not have the resources to take advantage of the technology I want them to take advantage of. Looks like I'll have to do what I mentioned earlier - improvise!

No comments: